Request form for Baptism of an infant (0-6 yrs old)
request the celebration of the sacrament of Baptism for our child and so start the journey of christian initiation which will be completed with the celebration of the sacraments of Reconciliation, Eucharist and Confirmation.
Godfather (or witness)
Godmother (or witness)
By indicating the names of the godfather and godmother, we parents certify that, as far as we know, they are in the conditions prescribed by the Catholic Church:
1) be 16 years old or above;
2) be Catholic and have received the sacraments of Baptism, Eucharist and Confirmation;
3) not be in a 'de facto' marital status, married only civilly, divorced and civilly remarried;
4) not a member of associations or organizations which are explicitly contrary to the Catholic Church;
5) not labor under a canonical penalty, whether imposed or declared;
6) know, understand and accept the commitments it assumes by accepting the role of godfather and god mother.
PURSUANT TO THE § 2 OF CAN. 874; "A BAPTIZED PERSON WHO BELONGS TO A NON-CATHOLIC ECCLESIAL COMMUNITY MAY BE ADMITTED ONLY IN COMPANY WITH A CATHOLIC SPONSOR, AND THEN SIMPLY AS A WITNESS TO THE BAPTISM"
Sign me up to the Newsletter, I can unsubscribe anytime.
* mandatory field