Restructured in Neo-Gothic style at the beginning of the 1900s, the chapel features a notable altar in the same style, a work of Lombard craftsmanship. It has three orders, the first of which is composed of evenly-spaced corinthian pilasters side by side with polylobate panels decorated with leafy motifs; the second encompasses a Neo-Gothic style tabernacle in the centre, surmounted by three spires and flanked by a series of arched niches. In 1909, the Lombard etcher and engraver Angelo Luraschi painted scenes from the Gospels in them-on the right, the Annunciation, Visitation and the Birth of Jesus. On the left, the Presentation in the Temple, a Pieta’ and the Assumption of Mary can be seen. The altarpiece stands out in the third order, with the Madonna of Pompei, seated on a Gothic throne adorned with three pinnacles, between Sts. Dominic and Catherine, painted at the beginning of 1900 by Luigi Valtorta.
The walls were frescoed by Osvaldo Bignami in 1909. On the right, architecturally framed by five trefoil arches, Our Lady appearing to Historical Personages (Christopher Columbus, Mary Stuart, St. Bernard etc) can be seen; two angels are offering them flowers against a mountain background, rich in vegetation.
The left-hand side, with a similar architectural Gothic frame, features the Vision of Pius V of the Victory of Lepanto:Mary and Child, in a vesica piscis, appearing to Pope Pius V, surrounded by kneeling prelates and bishops with the victory of the Christian fleet over the Turks in the background.
The archway into the chapel is decorated with floral and symbolic motifs and was frescoed by Bignami with Sts. Thomas Aquinas and Jerome on the right and, on the left, Sts. Anthony, Abbot and Eugenie.
The marble balustrade, reflecting Neo-Gothic style, and wrought-iron gate were crafted in Lombardy at the beginning of 1900.